Your donations enable law students to provide pro bono legal services to those who need them most.Donate Here
Our annual auction raises the bulk of our funding; donate your business's services or products for this event!Donate Items
Our Annual Auction will be held March 14, 2013 in Gasson Hall on the Boston College Main Campus.Student Sign Up
A bit about our three programs:
1.) PILF 1L Program:
PILF is committed to supporting and fostering community among law students who intend to pursue a career in public interest law. The PILF 1L Program consists of two parts. 1.) A mentoring program where you are given a 1L and 2L mentoring team that is pursuing the same kind of PI Law, and 2.) Monthly brown bag lunches with faculty, staff and students on a range of topics from getting organized throughout the semester, to finding PI summer internships and preparing for finals. The brown bag lunches will be on Friday afternoons, and first semester fall on 9/28, 10/19 and 11/16 at 12:35 p.m. If you are thinking of pursuing public interest law, please apply! The deadline is Sept. 20th and the program starts on Sept. 28th.
2.) PILF Stipend Program: Not just for students who plan to practice PI Law
Every year PILF runs an auction to raise money for summer stipends for BCLS students working in PI during the summer. This year the Auction will be on Thursday March 21, 2013 on BC Main Campus. The vast majority of these stipends go to 1Ls working their first summer in PI law, even if they do not plan to pursue PI law once they graduate. In the past, PILF recipients have spent their summer working for District Attorney’s Offices, Federal District Courts, U.S. Attorney’s Offices, Legal-Aid Organizations, and Government Agencies, to name a few. Stipends range from $2,000-$4,000 depending on your eligibility for work-study money. If you are interested in participating in this program, you must attend our first auction meeting on Monday October 15th at 3:00 p.m. You must commit to the program by November 1st at 9:00 p.m. but can drop out if you find a firm job. We balance so many participants that we cannot allow for any exceptions to our auction participation deadlines.
3.) PILF Community Events:
- BC v. BU Basketball Game, Beantown Shootout on Sept. 27, 2012 8-10 p.m. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PILF Toy Drive: Month of November. Contact Colette Irving at: email@example.com to participate.
- PILF Talent Show: Thursday Nov. 29 Barat House. If you have a talent—singing, instrument, comedy, etc.—please email Curly Glynn at: firstname.lastname@example.org to participate.
- PILF Donation Wars & Auction Items Due- Week of January 14, 2013
- PILF Auction- Thursday March 14, 2012
- PILF Yellow Room Auction- Monday March 18, 2012